It’s #InternationalBeerAndPizzaDay, and we’ll take any chance we can get to celebrate this iconic food and drink combo. Today we have experimented and made beer dough pizzas featuring our very own Harvey's IPA!
Makes two 12-inch pizzas
1. In a large bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, and salt with a wooden spoon. Pour in the beer and continue mixing until a dough forms.
2. Scoop the dough on to a lightly floured surface and knead it until it is smooth and elastic and no longer sticks to your hands.
3. Divide the dough into 2 equal pieces and form each one into a ball. Place into a large bowl and cover with cling film. Leave to rest for 1-2 hours.
4. Roll or stretch the dough by hand, and transfer it to an oiled baking sheet. Top with your favourite pizza toppings.
5. Bake the pizza at 260C/500F/Gas Mark 10 for 10-12 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown.
Adapted from Peggy Paul Casella, Thursday Night Pizza >>>