15 November 2023
Bonfire Boy Rogan Josh
Our very own Robin is back with another fantastic winter recipe!
This delicious and easy to make curry features our Bonfire Boy winter ale for a smoky beer infused treat which tickles the tastebuds.
Cheers to the perfect blend of spice and hops!
- 3 Large onions chopped
- 8 Garlic cloves crushed
- 2" Piece of ginger grated
- 2 tablespoons Sunflower oil
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons tomato puree
- 1/4 Pint (120ml) Harvey’s Bonfire Boy
- Fry the onions and garlic until soft and translucent.
- Add the ginger and dry spices. Stir, cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, tomato puree, coconut milk and beer.
- Cook for 10 minutes, cool and then blend.
- Add to vegetables or meat of your choice and cook gently.
For a perfect accompaniment, why not pair it with our Best Bitter Onion Bhaji recipe?
Thank you to Robin for yet another delicious recipe!